Sunday, March 18, 2012

Review: Cliques, Hicks, and Ugly Sticks by K.D. McCrite

  

      Cliques, Hicks, and Ugly Sticks is the second book in the Confessions of April Grace series by K.D. McCrite. This book is all about April Grace Riley and how she helps put together the church play, the new clique at school "the Lotties", her Grandma's boyfriend, and doing Algebra.

      I enjoyed reading this book and the first book, too! I got the first book, "In Front of God and Everybody" at a conference, so I was excited when I found out that I could review the second one. This is a hilarious book, because of April Grace's sense of humor with her confessions! One of my favorite parts was when April Grace accidentally leaves all of her school books at her house when she leaves for school.

      This is a great book, and it is enjoyable for both young girls and adults. I definitely recommend reading it!

BookSneeze® has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this book to it is very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jellyfish, You really capture the quality and humor of this book in your review. This book seems to give real life examples of anxieties we might encounter. Who among us has not imagined forgetting our books, driver's license or important papers at home only to discover when we get to school or work that there is no time or way to get home to retrieve the item. It is always good to be able to laugh at ourselves. Morninglory

    ReplyDelete