Thursday, May 16, 2013

Review: When Jesus Wept by Bodie and Brock Thoene



       When Jesus Wept is a fiction story based on true events, Just like most of Bodie Thoene's other books. This one was based during the time when Jesus was performing miracles, including raising Lazarus from the dead. I don't always like books that are based on Bible Stories, especially when they are written as if they are true. That was not the case with this book. this is the Introduction to the book:

       "Jesus clearly believed in the power of stories. He told parables-stories-to stretch the minds and transform the hearts of his listeners. We too believe in the life-changing power of stories, and thats why we're passionate about writing fiction. In every work of our fiction, there is truth, based on research, and there is imagination, based on our minds and perspectives. We weren't here, on this earth, as Jesus walked among the people, but through the verses of scripture and our imagination, we have portrayed to the best of our ability what he might have said and in the way he might have said it."

       The Thoenes include many references to scripture to back up their stories. I thoroughly enjoyed the story as much as I enjoyed the way it was written. Bodie Thoene is one of my favorite authors, and I knew I wouldn't be disappointed with her latest book.

       The book, when Jesus wept, is mostly based on the life of Lazarus. He sees Jesus' miracles, meets and becomes friends with Jesus, experiences Jesus bringing him back to life, and is there for Jesus' crucifixion.

       One thing that I found especially interesting was that Lazarus owns a vineyard. We recently planted grapes, and it was neat to read a professional who had done it.

       I would definitely recommend this book to anyone; especially anyone  who is interested in learning what life might have been life during Jesus' life on earth.

 BookSneeze® has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for the purpose of this review. All opinions that I have expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment